"The objectives of the Chapter shall be the same as those of the Soil and Water Conservation Society (hereinafter referred to as the Society), as a nonprofit educational and scientific organization dedicated to advancing the science and art of good land and water use."
History of the Chapter
The Keystone Chapter of the Soil and Water Conservation Society was formed on November 14th, 1946. It was comprised of 12 members ranging from a Glarfelter Paper Company, Farm Bureau Cooperative, and SCS employees to name a few. Their mission was "State Chapter Organized to Conserve Soil". Since that time the Chapter won numerous 'Oustanding Chapter Awards' (1984,1987,1991,2007) and has supported student scholarships since 1980. We have over 100 members and have hosted a number of conferences and field days. We will continue to strive to carry on the tradition in the Keystone Chapter SWCS that was started 62 years ago.